Saturday, March 06, 2004

Tomorrow, milestone day. I am officially starting my job search.

I will start with a revigorating swim in one of the 6 pools of my residence. I will continue on with an inventory of the business cards that I have taken with me to this exotic country and start the reconnection process. Maybe I will refrain from starting my e-mail with: "Hello From The Pool". I will then proceed to use my Self Assessment to elaborate a strategy with target companies and means to try to get noticed. I heard that striptease in the headquarter lobby works well but I am thinking that it might hurt my chances as people might get jealous of my tan. I will then meet a friend for lunch at the Raffles and discuss the situation of the High Tech industry in Asia (booming...). A well-deserved afternoon nap after so much effort seems appropriate: below a palmtree and with a Singapore Sling in my hand, while apparently listening to stories of Saturday night female conquests delivered by a local friend. I will then move onto studying our Career Services website, identify application deadline, presentation dates. Perhaps making sure that my online profile still looks good (I wish I had chosen the OTHER side for my profile photo...) would be a good thing to do while I drink my 5th coffee of the day. I could take a break by the fishpond with a beer to read over Monday's cases. I heard that one of them are pretty funny. Then, I can print out the listing of job postings and do the usual circling of the ones that I would not even recommend to my worst enemy.

Seriously - I am now going to get organized and put a lot of effort into this.

But before I can think about all that, I must try to remember my European credit card pincode. I haven't used it in months and I have just realized that I have completely forgotten it. Stupid stupid me...

No comments: