Saturday, March 20, 2004

I went racing today - some Shoot Outs (2 by 2 matchs). We were an all INSEAD teams but most people on board had not done a lot of racing. Some had not done a lot of sailing. I helmed only for a couple of races (only one win) but it was a lot of fun. A few bumps here and there, although no one got hurt, which is the main thing. Nice beer and buffet afterwards. I met the person heading the HSBC operations, here in Singapore. He had spent 6 years in Hong Kong beforehand.

For some reason, I really was not at my best. Normally, even if there is anything wrong, the minute I step on a boat, the outlook of pretty much everything I can think of brightens up. Today it didn't.

Maybe it was just the sun.

Enough said, back to work. I have to figure out how to value a joint venture between an English firm and a Tunisian firm, operating in Tunisia but selling on the UK market.

No comments: