Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Did I say that our REP professor was likely to be the most entertaining of all this period? Well, he seems to live up to his reputation!
(REP is Realizing Entrepreneurship Potential)

Heard in class and faithfully reported
(from prof)

- "Remember how good I told you you lot was in our first session as you came cracking down all the issues in the case in no time? Well, forget it, you miserably failed me this time"

- "Mr X, you have half your arm up, does that mean that you have only half of the answer?"

- My God, your memory of what goes on in this class is atrocious! Reducing sales! We had this guy yesterday on the bloody video who talked about how he reduced his product portfolio from 300 products to 30!"

- You have to be careful with the use one makes of the word OLD in this class. I walked into a travel agent the other day, and they were offering deals for elderly people, aged 50 and over...I walked out immediately

- I have done some clever calculations here, which you quite sadly have not

- I wish I had taken my own course when I was an entrepreneur! I would NEVER have bought this company of mine, it was the worse business decision by far in he whole history of humanity!

- Weird...Mmmm...Can anyone think of a better word? Like lunacy for instance?

- How many...No wait, this was going to be a very stupid question.

- Guys, remember, banks never ever ever give anything for free. Barclays, in the UK, once was mailing all their customers about this great offer of a new products. They subsequently found out that the postage had been charged back to their accounts.

- French paychecks are awfully complicated. I don't know if you have ever come across one. You start with Gross Pay at the top, then you roll out the thing for a good 30m before you get to Net Payment.

No comments: