Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I believe that my REP (Realizing Entrepreneurship Potential), nor representative prof is going to be the source of endless jokes for this period. In fact, my hand and wrist hurt as I could not keep up with the flow of jokes.

Heard in class and faithfully reported
- " I look at the CV book to try to get to know you a little better. This is a really good book and I think that INSEAD should seriously consider taking it to a publisher. I'd have trouble categorizing it between fiction or non fiction but I am sure that we can find some workarounds for this problem"

- "two years ago, everyone was into extreme sports. Last year, I think that cooking was back into fashion. This year, strangely enough, no one seems to do anything. Have you become lethargic or what?"

-"I graduated from INSEAD many many years ago. Actually we had our 15th year reunion last year. Half the promotion turned up, which is pretty good. Next year, I am sure that it will be a lot less as we will all start to die off"

-"Let me see...oh yes, Mr Z got a scholarship for Diversity. How on Earth did this happen? I mean, he's French!"

-"I must warn you. This class is going to be a tough one. I see only two women in this room"

-"How fast do you run a marathon J.?"
-"well, pretty slowly actually..."
-"and you, F?"
-"about 3 hours and 30 minutes or so..."
-"gnomes: L right here actually won one. Did you know he could run a marathon in 3 hrs and 15 minutes? No? Me neither."

- "it is useful to have some marketing people in your project team, to get a good sense of the size of the opportunity. Who worked for Procter and Gamble in this room."
- I did but I wasn't working in Marketing
-"you worked for P&G and you were not doing marketing? Were you on sick leave?"

-"The reason why I can't say that my friend, this successful entrepreneur has a yatch in the Carribbean is because it could well be in the Med as I speak"

-"remember, things can take a little longer than planned in reality. Plan for it when you ask for financing.. I mean, my company was great. We achieved year 1 sales ok...In year 2."

No comments: