Wednesday, March 10, 2004

We just finished our first Finance case. It was about divisional WACC calculation for Marriot. Obviously, like most finance cases, the heart of the discussion was around the inputs that goes into the calculations and the various assumptions. I really like my group: one Italian and one Danish guy. None of them have a finance background - same as me.
This means that we are all actively contributing and learning a lot. I love it. It is actually much better than in P1 and P2, when I benefitted from Finance experts, who could expedite the case in no time. My learning really occurs through doing - it is now becoming clear!
Anyway, I must still do some work for my negotiation class tomorrow: agree on my Goal List. Then, I'll sit down, plan out the period since it will be quite impossible to fit everything in otherwise. I'll probably end my evening relaxing by the pool, looking up at the stars.

No comments: