Saturday, March 06, 2004

My Transnational Governance and International Business class is so so...The professor is German and taught the IPA course in Fontainebleau last period. He is extremely interesting but I was hoping for a very applied class: if a country is crisis-prone, how can I interpret signs, what do I look for as a business and how do I react. If the IMF runs a project in country A which is an emerging market for my company, how do I work with them, who do I lobby. If NGO x is prevailent in country B, how do we cooperate? And so on...

It is a great class if you want further or deeper IPA discussion - and with the mix in the class, a couple of heated international debates have already taken place but it might not live up to the level of expectation that I had created around them.

It is possible to drop or change electives at the very beginning of classes (before the third session). However, the other electives are less interesting for me: China (with strategy for Asia Pac, I now prefer to investigate by myself the country), Project Management (professional experience), Value Based Management (could do this I guess, although I heard it was more qualitative than quantitative), Advertising and Promotion Strategy (professional experience), Managing Across Cultures (part of OB class last period and I already have some experience in this field and talked about cultures in Latin America / Asia Pac class). Strategy for Technology Shifts and other strategy classes (professional experience), etc... - Other classes conflict with my existing schedule at times which mean that I cannot take them.

No comments: