Monday, January 05, 2004

To be honest, if I did not know that Singapore was located in South East Asia, I could not tell.

The entrance of my residence with flowery fountains, a royal bridge over the various pools, decorated palm trees and clean alleys remind me of a Las Vegas hotel.
The large avenues with a grassy strip and a cement sidewalk reminds me of California.
The downtown area with loads of shopping malls plagued with overused air conditioning, large tropical looking parks and a wide hotel populated beachfront reminds me of Florida.
Traffic lights and little islands remind me of England. The circulation system reminds me of England.
The high percentage of Indian and Asian looking people reminds me of the West coast of the US with little islands of Asian life.
The high tech metro system reminds me of Japan.

Obviously, all this would be transposed a few degrees above the Equator and suffer from high levels of humidit and a 12-hour days all yaer round.

No comments: