Monday, January 19, 2004

Pffff. It just rained in the past hour as much as it has in Fontainebleau for the past month or so! What a deluge!

And what a weekend. I could not resist the call from the Sea and I spent quite a bit of time on a little boat, sailing away on turquoise tropical waters. The water was so warm that one was tempted to capsize on purpose, just to freshen up. Readings for the first half of the week's classes started at the beach, and finished on the Sunday at school. I cannot decently work on such a heavenly island so I headed back on day earlier and stuffed my Sunday with readings, homework problems and group assignements, which I took me well into the night. Today I am studying all day.

Bintan is a lovely place, sort of Club Med resort. Nice sandy beach, coconut and palm trees, packed with tanned windsurfers, beach volleyball players and whitish newcomers who leave reddish. It is only 45 min away by ferry from Singapore and offers full-fledged hosting capabilities. The only downside is that for the price of two full meals in a local Singaporean food court, you get half a bottle of water in a Mana Mana beach restaurant.

But no, MBA is not about Mostly Beach Activities. Let us be clear. The program still has this intensity flavor to it, this whirlpool of events that quite completely absorb your time. There were quite a few of us going to Bintan, mostly P3s.

This week I must
- hand in my IT Management final group assignment
- hand in my OB class homework
- get a good grip on my OB class 25-page initial paper
- finalize my Ob project
- Get started on Power and Politics assignment
- organize National Week
- organize entrepreneurship workshop and a professional speaker event for my club
- become a member of the local sailing club and enquire about local license requirements
- finish all my readings for the week and do homework problems in Macro Economics
- figure out where I can move my furniture back home since one of my "hosts" is moving some place else
- find out where the library is

No comments: