Thursday, January 08, 2004

Opened a bank account today. It took exactly 7 min and I already have a working ATM card. It tooks ten days to obtain a credit card in France. The clerk also took the initative to print out all the details needed for an international transfer. I must quote the person who helped me with the operation:
"- I am sorry, I ask you to take a few minutes on your own to think about a 6-digit pincode for your ATM card? I really need to go to the bathroom. We have been so busy all morning that I never managed to escape for more than 2 seconds."

It is the first time that I am on the right side of an exchange rate since the beginning of my studies. Previously I was holding dollars and requested to settle bills in Euros. Now I hold Euros and I am paying in Sing$. There is a justice.

No comments: