Sunday, January 04, 2004

I will write more about holiday in Southern France but I must also begin to report about my Singaporean experience.

After eating nice perlardon cheese, with a local Pain de Campagne, accompanied by a lovely local wine; loosely dressed in T-shirt; facing the immensity of the Mediterranean sea and the surreal landscape of Marseille bay; cosily warmed up by a gentle winter sun, I threw myself into the harshness of a cold, misty and snowy Paris for one evening before taking off to Singapore.

I had mentioned that my original flight got cancelled. I was re-routed on a Singapore Airline direct flight from Paris. I spent my last evening in France eating out with a friend. Asian food for a pre-viewing of what awaits me. I will be arriving shortly before the Chinese New Year celebrations.

I had never flown Singapore Airlines but if my flight is anything to go by, I'd happily recommend it to anyone. The place was elegantly decorated for the holiday, the flight attendance wore delicate and colorful Asian dresses and were extremely helpful. The food was plentiful and nice - that is by airline standards. There was a choice of 29 movies, non stop for the entire duration of the flight (compared to an average of 6 with United...) and they were all on demand: one can pause, rewind, fast forward at any time. Blockbusters, favorites, showcase and international were the four movie categories. Music choices were extremely good and varied as well.

I got to Singapore at 7.30am, Singapore time. I would have to stay up for another long day.

It is time for a deep comment.
Fontainebleau was cold and cloudy when I left. Singapore is hot and sunny. Both places were humid.

No comments: