Wednesday, January 07, 2004

My team building day was in the middle of the Fontainebleau forest for a pale imitation of The Visitors, and the wildest animal that we came across was a colony of ants.
The Singapore P1 students go to a local tropical island for a friendly remake of The Beach.

Coffee's free in Fontainebleau, at a charge in Singapore.
Quality of meals in Singapore campus cafeteria higher than in Fontainebleau cafeteria for a lower price.

There was only a couple of storeys to handle in Fontainebleau. In Singapore, there are 6 floors. 3 for MBA students' day to day activities (typical space management in town). My locker is on the 3rd floor and most of my classes take place in the groundfloor amphis. If I forget 1 pen, I lose 30 grams.

To illustrate the kindness of the local staff at INSEAD: my fork fell from my tray over lunch. Before I had time to realize it, one of the cashiers had left her post and was bending down to pick it up for me. She handed it over to me with the most fantastic smile.
There is no Pascale in Singapore.

I used to cycle for 25 min to reach campus. I now walk for 6 min.
Driving for 20 min would only take me from INSEAD to Samois Sur Seine. Here, a 20 min drive takes me to Malaysia.

Fontainebleau's closest link to the outside world in the Orly airport, 20 min away without traffic. Triple this time during peak hours.
Singapore's the busiest hub in South East Asia.

Tried the Sound Bar. Super cool.
I have not tried a cool bar in Fontainebleau.

Fortunately, Carrefour is available in both cities and IKEA's a 20min taxi ride away. All is well. I am not lost.

No comments: