Sunday, June 13, 2004

This is to be my last work weekend for last minute rush:

- FSA: we have done the valuation I must finalize the report and the presentation
- GSM: I have contributed to the report which we must finalize. Someone in our group who has not contributed much so far will then do the presentation.
- ICA: I am auditing, I gave my input both verbally in a group meeting and in writing
- MEG: done and over with. Classes stopped two weeks ago
- REP: (from P4): very very late with the project and I am getting virtually no response from my Singapore counterpart making it all the more difficult to do work. I don't want to double up the work, I don't know what is happening. Tough call. And I must say that having projects running across two periods with no accompanying class does not work. Giving no additional credit for it (when it takes us a fair amount of time to do the project at the detriment of either other courses or job search) does not seem fair either)

FSA has a model for us to use: FSAP, we call it FCRAP. Excel programming is so untransparent, so easy to mess up with one small change that as soon as more than one person uses a template, another program should be used. We lost one night because we messed up the template. I now bet that the long working hours for investment bankers come from the fact that they must continuously get this tool to work. I am sure that there are other more specialized packages that Insead could purchase and work with to save us a nasty impression of wasting time on things that aren't so intellectually rewarding, nor of great learning value.

No comments: