Saturday, June 19, 2004

Last night, we had a fantastic Insead-crowded dinner at a friend's place in Paris. We all got lost on the way to his place - and his phone kept ringing as people asked for better directions but were compensated with marvellous tequila, tapas and gorgeous desserts - Mmmm this berries crumble....American, French, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian, Argentine, Romanian, Japanese and hybrid nationalities met up Boulevard Pereire. Long Married, Just Married or Soon To Be Married - or Single who remained Single - or Parent-to-be...A diverse and happy crowd.

The Italy-Sweden match robbed us of our Italian participant for an hour and a half but he came back to life as he drove a group of us to the Salsa Club where we decided to end the evening.

Heard in the car and faithfully reported
"In Italy, if we get a green light, we will stop and proceed very very carefully as we would expect the people who have the red light to go through like crazy"

Paris by night, the pulse of the French capital, broken lights around the majestic grandeur of the Arc de Triomphe and the mystery of the Eiffel Tower - and Salsa by night. Tropical atmosphere in a small cozy latin club behind Les Invalides. I ridiculed myself dancing with people who were quite clearly born in a Salsa class and continued to feel its beat ever since.

Or my way of celebrating my submitting the last project for my INSEAD MBA. Until I graduate, I am now free as a bird. Afer I graduate, I will be unemployed.

No comments: