Wednesday, June 02, 2004

My choices for end of year trips are

- status quo in my little village, sitting with a glass of wine in my hand by the empty swimming pool watching the ducks swim by.
- see some friends and family I have not seen for a long time
- go to Cannes with some Insead people but the house is full (I did not realize that I could actually confirm a space when they talked about the trip so I let that one go) and I'd have to organize accommodation by myself, persuade other people that the city's worth something even though the festival's over
- skipper a sailing boat with other Insead people (whoever knows me realizes that any kind of sailing proposition, even if it is to the North Pole and I must eat frozen cod every day is VERY VERY VERY VERY attractive to me). By the way, I have now sat successfuly 2 of the 3 theoretical sailing exams. This makes me an officially certified skipper (I had already passed the practice test).

I did not sign up for Croatia, I found it a little expensive.

Anyway, that is also a problem for rich people...My God...I am so rich in choices (and broke, just in case you had forgotten that I stopped working way over a year ago and that I had to finance myself)

Ok - back to diary mode:

I must do a one-slide presentation for this ICA class that I am auditing. As a marketing person knowing the industry that the case talks about, I am setting aside 3.45 minutes for this job

I must contribute to the analysis of industry/company for my REP project and send my inputs to Singapore

I must do a write up on the challenges of Inpatriationfor my Global Strategy and Management class.

I must finish up the valuation of our Financial Analysis project on Netflix.

And I must find myself a job...

Gosh, life is so complicated. I need a coffee. And a secretary.

No comments: