Tuesday, June 01, 2004

(Proudly Found Elsewhere, thank you F.)
Three Insead students were invited to a job interview in England. There is an English test as the job requires fluency in English and the TOEFL results are valid only for university. There is some technical terms that applicants have to master.

The test was oral - here is the question
"make a sentence with the following three words: Green, Pink and Yellow"

The Belgian guy starts off with the following sentence:
"I wake up in the morning, I eat a yellow French Fries, drink beer in a green bottle and watch the Pink Panther on TV"

The German student continues:
"I wake up in the morning, I look up at the yellow sun, the green grass and I think to myself: I hope it will be a pink day."

Finally, the French applicant recites the one sentence he knows in English and had to learn by heart (he learned it with holes so that he could plug in the words as required)
"I wake up in ze mornink, I hear ze phone: green.....green...green...I pink up ze phone and I say "Yellow?"...

That same evening, after having been dinged by this company, the poor French Insead grad decides to drown his sorrow in beer. He goes to a local pub and meet this gorgeous English lady.

- I sink aille am foling in love ouiz you. Douillou zink it is envisageable crack crack widiou this ivening ?
- With you ? Never !
- Euh, OK, disons never, never et demi ?

No comments: