Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Vacations feel very empty after such a busy time in the MBA program. Maybe it is only a warning for what is to come after graduation. Some sort of cheese souffle that collapses, when all the excitment leaves space for an established working life.

No! I will not let this happen! Whatever job I choose, it will have to be challenging enough to keep my spirits up!

Strange how last term was balanced between course work, job search and an increasing amount of time chasing around friends and classmates. P1 was a lot more about class work, finding my marks in this new universe (and Fontainebleau - quite a challenge!). What will P5 be?

Inceasingly I realize that Px, Amphi R, CMS, etc...all INSEAD-only terms. They do not exist out there in the real world. We really have transposed ourselves into an artificial universe, we are floating in-between two waves. The wave of reality which is coming back at us with sharp biting teeth and the wave of excitement and learning which is turning into a waving goodbye kind of things.

All this is a little premature anyhow. Next term has not even begin ! Let us concentrate on these moments of fun, surprise, intellectual and cultural challenge! Let us appreciate the depths of the INSEAD experience.

I know that this is a bit late, but I am starting to wonder what the acronym INSEAD actually stands for. Hopefully D isn't Dummies.

I am jobless, homeless - and broke. And happy. Would this be the beginning of insanity?

No comments: