Monday, April 19, 2004

One of my professors has not returned our papers from last period. Last time I asked, there was a problem because he had to change secretary. I am not sure that I understand how this is affecting his giving us feedback but I will accept his explanation in good faith. Let me offer an alternative view on the situation – remember that this is a Power and Politics professor.

“Some students have argued that I was a partisan of Power and that I was coercing students into writing a paper at the end of the class. This is patently untrue. I support the concept of non-authoritarian consensus building, allowing these common mongoleums to develop their own relativist view around their personal political landscape. The boldness of my teaching concept is so deep that it has prompted a group of fundamentalist MBA participants to form a committee to demand that I graded and returned their accumulated essays. The French Unions’ way of protesting inspired the aberration of their methods; they organized a small demonstration outside my office. It was rather pitifully done. For being such simple pawns in the grand scheme of world political manipulations, they managed it quite well and in theory it would have been a magnificent move. Sadly they blatantly forgot the fact that I represent a figure of authority in this class and that such a clear aggressive strategic move would push me into retreat and lead me to refuse to give into their illegitimate request. As a result of such a naïve approach, I decided to hang onto all these papers. Let this be my fierce and firm response to their act of defiance against the abyss of ignorance evidently displayed by old-fashioned academia. I take that my powerful decision and uncontested act proves the superiority of my modern teaching methods.”

No comments: