Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Still no company in sight for our Entrepreneurship class. We were supposed to dedicate two full months to the analysis and we have not closed our search process yet.

Where is this ideal deal in which the buyer really wants to sell thinking:

“Who would want my flee seeking and my live-larvae based native food restaurant business today? The market’s dead. My office is outmoded. It would require $2bn to repair and modernize my silex factory. The light system look like old-fashioned stroboscopes and the place is badly located for shipping as it sits in the middle of the jungle, some three days by boat and 2-day walking under a heavy canopy from the nearest regional airport. Even the land is not worth much as the whole area is being threatened by deforestation. Maybe Starbucks who could make a business of selling ice coffee to passers-by who do drop by every other month or so? Oh no! There is no parking space in front of the dining room and I guess that the average income of the Capuchin Monkey, despite being on the rise since the WWF became interested in the area, remains too low to support the kitchen renovation costs. Maybe my only hope is to transform it into a gigantic warehouse? If the government could build me a highway in the neighborhood, it would help."

No comments: