Thursday, April 08, 2004

Often, in a first round interview, people want to test your motivation to work for them. They might ask a difficult question such as: "who else are you talking to?" or more simply: "which sector are you looking at?"

I first thought that I could describe the sector of the company and indicate why I like it
Then I thought that it would be better to describe the sector and indicate why I would be such a good fit
Now, I am thinking that it could be even more powerful to talk about the company itself as an example/proxy for the sector (example) and explain why I like it (show research of the company), why more specifically I would select this company in the sector in question and why I would fit so well in the sector (and by a small extrapolation the company).

Every day provides its fair share of learning. Especially in school come to think of it.

No comments: