Monday, April 19, 2004

I find, dear Reader, that you have grown accustomed to my hectic pace of MBA life. Those of you who are office workers and find yourselves reading this incisive and decisive journal during a coffee break might take note of the fact that I am preparing a holiday to some of the world’s most exotic destinations.

Meanwhile, I have taken to arriving at school later than usual to prepare for a change in rest time, in anticipation of my prospective holiday and new life as a reborn active contributor to some country's GDP. As an immediate notable consequence, I am far more refreshed when I do arrive – and I avoid the line at the bar for breakfast. It also allows me to schedule important business meeting at breakfast. Today, this bar was graced by the presence of our New Director Of the MBA Program. She arrived not at all business-like and has already adopted the Fontainebleau time policy, heavily based on the fashionable French habit of arriving about 5 min late to all meetings to avoid the embarassment of being the first person on the dance floor. I find her quite dedicated to the cause of the school and have benefitted on many occasions from her spontaneous non-bureaucratic counsel. She has also demonstrated a superior ability to improve the harsh conditions of her paying customers who desire to reach the higher spheres of superior knowledge as she made the conscious decision to face possible humiliation on a golf course with the December class. Clearly, not everyone would sacrifice an afternoon in a freezing cold air conditioned office fighting with incoming e-mails for a lovely afternoon outdoors in a tropical area ust to find out about their customers' needs.
She is also going around participants to find out what the hot issues are with the intention to make them part of her personal change agenda. If you are a participant or an applicant and find that some improvements would significantly improve your experience, do not hesitate to let her (or me) know.

I am still in the process of adapting myself to the idea that I will soon return to the working world and it is important that I find good role models to emulate.

No comments: