Tuesday, April 13, 2004

This morning, I had an 8am meeting at the local food court with my group to discuss our paper for the Transnational class. So it all happened in the vapors of curry and porridge, with humongous quantities of ice coffee.

We are analyzing a catastrophe scenario in the event of an ousting of the Saud family which will in turn cause oil shortages, since Saudi Arabia currently holds 25% of the world's reserves.

I must admit that I quite hate the subject. I find it difficult to bear violence in any shape or form.

I really like the breadth of knowledge of the person that I am working with, and it is quite interesting to see what countries would do to contain the crisis and to what extent it could threaten today's equilibrium. We can even isolate businesses to invest in should such an event occur.

No comments: