Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Well, I have moved out and I am now staying with friends - which is likely to be the case for the next few months. My old place has no hot water but now it does not affect me anymore. The landlady or her representative have probably not told us anything that resembled the truth (you must check the fuel level at the gauge, but then there is no gauge, etc...) but it does not affect me anymore.

Still many people around. We all gathered for an Italian Restaurant dinner last night. I am invited for a last Italian dinner with my OB2 project partner (the one who fed me pizza all along P2 whenever we met for this project). We were really supposed to write about the role of firms in society but at times I was distracted and must have written about the difference between thin crust and deep pan. Tomorrow, I have one last barbecue at my old house with my old housemate (he has not moved out, he will be looking for a job from here, as he loves climbing and prefers to stay around Fontainebleau/La Climbing Mecca). On Friday, I might catch up with our INSEAD Singapore Team, in Fontainebleau right now for some training. On Saturday and Sunday, I was planning on a trip down South (my favorite region in this country). On Monday, I am in England, on Tuesday and Wednesday in Paris (I just had to be in Paris for Bastille Day celebrations) and on Thursday on a plane with an acute case of heartache...over...so soon...

I have not heard back from the France Telecom lawyer. I tried to call three times since my last letter (Registered mail), but I keep being asked to wait with a nice music and no one ever picks up the phone...Their "quelques instants" turn into long term lease.

Finally I got them on the phone but they told me they merely forwarded the letter onto France Telecom. They have not received a response back from them which is why they have not called me back. They agreed to give me the France Telecom "services des contentieux" (Spelling?) number which I just called. They never received a letter from the Lawyer's Office. In fact they never received any letter from me...
This could have taken a long time...

The lady was actually most helpful. I told her I had moved out and was planning on leaving the country altogether. She took my mobile number since I would be in France for the next week or so and promise to try to locate my letter and pass it onto their Customer Service department. She will call me back before my departure date to let me know the status of this enquiry.

I indicated my willingness to pay anything that was legitimate and my desire to have a clean record if this is just a mistake.

I have 20,000 different references

one for my personal France Telecom account
one for the bailif (who acts like a collection agency through the lawyer
two for the lawyer (their own and mine with them for France Telecom)
one for France Telecom through bailif (if I call France Telecom to enquire about this problem)
one for France Telecom but for the lawyer (like I just did)

I have found someone willing to buy my car. Must go tomorrow to the Sous-Prefecture to get the paperwork. I wanted to go today, only to find out that the Sous-Prefecture in Fontainebleau is closed to "membres du public" on Wednesdays...Great use of my time...

I must ship some boxes for my housemate. I will store mine in France until I know where to ship them to.

I still have a few things to post before I wrap up such as graduation ceremony in Paris, last Global Strategy Management class, etc...I might be on the late side for this.

My final post will be a condensed version of my most stupid conclusions for your benefit, and it will be preceded on general feedback about YOU, readers of all nations, who have been so active in your correspondence with ME, humble blogger from the land of INSEAD (our Yearbook takes the form of a passport from the Republic of INSEAD), a land with not one nationality, where everyone is a local and everyone is a foreigner.

Oooooo...my head...

No comments: