Friday, May 07, 2004

Tonight is eXtreme Party - at my place...Mmmm, I wish my housemate had told me beforehand. I have a 7.30am wake up commitment to meet someone at 8.30am...And I have a class at 10.15am!!! Why do I ALWAYS choose those electives that have the worst possible time slots!!!! I have not had Saturday classes since the first term! How did this come about!!!
I checked: TWO of my electives have a couple of Saturday classes. This is inhuman, anti-social and probably illegal.

Tomorrow is the God and Goddess party at Tavers.

The problem with all these parties is that I spend a good 3 hours figuring out how I am going to put my costume together.

Sunday, I am off for a very very short while. Last time it was Eurostar. This time it will be Thalys. Fast automatic check-in, nice, fast, comfortable high-speed train, plane-like service and cool custom officers who asked me:

- Mmmm- so you were born there? Did you leave soon afterwards or do you actually know it?
- I left when I was 18-months old.
- Ok, get out of my way then. I lived there for 10 years.

I'll most certainly spend Sunday in Paris - wandering around blossoming city parks and sunny little alleys.

Since I got back, I keep waving hands cheerfully at everybody I know. I must know a lot of people, I nearly got a cramp. Lunches, dinners and drinks with old friends - although I might be missing tonight's party. Busy figuring out what kind of world domination strategy I need to embark on if I want a job at the end of the summer. Actually, I won't actually be missing it: I will get home to 200 people drinking and dancing. I will enjoy the party for a couple of hours, then slip into my bedroom knowing full-well that I will not be able to sleep with the music resonating full blast throughout all the crumbling walls. Hence the importance of buy-in Versus unilateral management decision, especially with the stakeholder is absent.
Obviously, once all the shareholders - that is the whole of Insead - knows what's going on, it is difficult to propose another date!

Actually, my housemate is super happy to be able to throw this part. It is to help him raise some funds for some bizarre adventure 800km trip in Sweden this summer. I hope there is a good turnout and that everything works out well for him.

No comments: