Sunday, May 16, 2004

Fabulous weekend. A light breeze refreshes our mind with new energy. A warm and gentle sun is caressing gently our bruised senses after the Las Vegas party of the Chateau de Montmelian last night -also a fabulous fabulous night and everyone was dressed up - but me since most of my clothes are still in the Singapore shipment that I have not bothered to pick up.

This morning I was woken up by our cleaning lady - who has taken to turning up at 9am on Sundays for a whirlwind clean up job. I had gone to bed, say, early in the morning. Since I was awake and forced out of bed, I decided to step up and fully enter the day. I was therefore able to observe the doings of our cleaning lady.

She has got to be the most efficient worker in this country. We had a party on Friday night, before the Italian party and the house was still displaying obvious signs of chaos. When I walked down after a lazy shower and with my eyes still half closed, the entire groundfloor had been revamped into a respectable interior of a lovely cottage mansion. She greeted me with a joyful BONJOUR, which made my head nearly blow up and a cup of coffee. She comes every week for about three hours because we have a very large house. She charges close to nothing, since she must also travel 9kms to reach the premises. Even though she tends to find our house in the most abject state of cleanliness, she is done with the cleaning and tidying after a couple of hours, which leaves her plenty of time to put some order in our shelves, re-organize our books, put our CDs in alphabetical order, swap glass and plates on the shelves to present a more aesthetic front to guests, etc...When I came back from Singapore, I had left my bags half open, with my rags overflowing and softly creeping onto the floor in the direction of my bed, for a few days. After the cleaning lady came, all of my clothes were neatly washed, ironed and folded and placed equitably on shelves or hangers in the most logical order.

I must still do some sort of work for the assignment that was due last Friday.

No comments: