Friday, May 28, 2004

I have just created another impossible situation for myself. My housemate and I are hosting a Vegetarian Indian dinner, a Mexican BBQ (for the non vegetarian) and French desserts.

My role is to cook the dessert part...for 25 people!!!

I am going to spend my weekend locked up in the kitchen with a pink apron around my waist!

Right now, the plan is to take this seriously and to make

- a tarte aux fraises (Strawberry tart)
- Pain Perdu
- Country-Style Apple Cake
- Yogurt and Lemon Cake
- Clafoutis aux Cerises (Cherry Clafoutis)
- Chocolate Cake

Let me see, each of them should keep about 6 people happy, so we should have plenty of food for the really hungry. I bet you that half the ingredients will be missing from the stores and I will have to beat the bush in search for vanilla or cherries. Plan B is fromage blanc with Strawberry coulis and fruit salads + cheese platter. Plan C is ice cream for everyone and no questions about my culinary skills.

I decided against crepes. Having to make hoodles of them was even less appealing. I can't do mille-feuilles and I figure that Meringue was maybe too much of a challenge the day after the Summerball.

No comments: