Friday, February 13, 2004

Mallika and Bipin

Yesterday in our OB class, we read/watched a case about a famous Indian actress/dancer/publisher. She had been interviewed by INSEAD while she was acting in a Peter Brooks' play in Paris. Imagine the classical image of a beautiful Indian lady.

when asked about the possibility to be successful in more than one career, she replied
- "you know, to all these people who ask me to choose between acting, dancing and my publishing business, I say: this is like asking me whether I love my father more than my mother."

when asked about the key success factor in her career, she states without any hesitation
"- the fact that I did not have to worry about making a living"
(she was born into a very wealthy family)

Interestingly, in our Power and Politics class, we studied the Pedro Almodovar clan - and how Mr Almodovar tightly control everybody in his close world (and anyone who disagrees does not belong in there) in orer to bring his unaltered vision to the world. These two sessions were incredibly interesting and quite a change from the traditional business.

No comments: