Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Just back from a dinner in town with my group members. Despite the heavy workload, we have decided to take the time to meet before the end of P2, as some of us are going to Singapore and some of us are staying in Fonty.

We had such an enjoyable time. Given that we started off as an allegory of the D-Day, with everyone shooting at everyone else, this is great progress.

We have become much more open to everyone else, much more trustful, much more relaxed, which allows us to distribute the work better, hence be more efficient. On the other hand, several members as noticed that the standard for preparation has gone down. We don't need to impress anyone anymore. Still time to reverse the trend and respect better everyone's time.

I am back to campus to finish off my day's work, probably another couple of hours. It is 11.45pm. The library just closed. Everyone is moving to the cubicles. The campus is still buzzing with zombie life, rapacious hands hammering nervously on keyboards, voracious eyes devoring books and papers. Absent eyes poking into the darkness, through the side windows.

On the one hand, I feel that I have grown into someone who questions everything, who cannot be satisfied with halk-baked notions, who feel that any problem has a solution - the only thing left to do being to find it - , who taylors the process to better fit aspirations and needs and who could take on the world.
On the other hand, I feel guided, like a primary school pupil - walking hand in hand with the administration, being given very specific and mechanical tasks, working in a very specific mould, a clone to hundreds of other MBA students, all chained., all exhausted, and all marching with their heads down towards Exam Week - The Ultimate Milestone.

I think that I need a coffee.

On a happy note, I found a TGV train ticket to cross the entire country North to South for 25 Euros around the Christmas period. I love this place.

No comments: