Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Tuesday night. I am back from the Indian Punjabi dancing performance. Got a ticket to the Indian party and a nice new Indian costume. As this is the first week after the break, nearly everyone has gone home. People talk about their holiday, exchange stories.

I feel a little melancholic and I wander into a PC cluster.
I am happy to be back, happy to see again all of these familiar faces.

The first period has been extraordinary and unique. I did not have expectations before coming here but the main driver for attending the course was to fulfill my international aspirations.
One can say that the administrative burden at INSEAD is large, that the organization is in many ways inefficient, that the P2 electives for exempted students are not very varied, that the accounting teacher was not so effective, that the weather is cold and that Fontainebleau is in the middle of nowhere.
INSEAD does everything else right. Everything else that truly matters.

I have learned a lot - the curriculum was varied although not deep (what else can you expect in 6 weeks). Everyone I have met, from faculty members to all my fellow students embodies this international community that INSEAD is promoting so hard.

I have come a long way and there is much more to go. I also now realize how much I needed this, how clueless I was about the complexities of business, and how many mistakes I would have made.

I will now head off and finish the readings for tomorrow. This week, I am hitting the Career Management Service web site. Revamping of CV, registering for their consulting services, etc...

A good friend of mine is coming from the States this weekend. We will probably get lost in the labyrinth of the old quarters of Paris.

No comments: