Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Time Management
Our first round of exams is next week and the library has become my second home.
At the risk of sounding crazy, I thoroughly enjoy the pace of these studies. I love learning. In fact, I love it so much that I can learn new stuff for the mere pleasure of doing something new.
Paradoxically exams get in the way of my learning. I have to focus on mechanical exercises that are far from being intellectually rewarding in order to comply with the school requirement. Yet, I recognize the usefulness of this grading system for INSEAD who conveniently use it as a reward and a control system. It is probably too idealistic to think of the library tenants as desirous to enrich their personal culture – with the objective to make a future gain on this investment, and to recognize all by themselves the need for learning…Looking around to the silent room, I sympathize with these dozens of fellow students, lost among the scattered debris of the last paper due before exam day.

No comments: